So we only have about 5 minutes in the morning to do calendar. I don't teach math so it's not a major focus of my day, but it is a good way for students to begin their morning, so I wanted a super quick way for them to be able to read and identify the days of the week, months of the year, and seasons, and place them on the calendar independently. And of course for cheap. So I decided to make the above mentioned on cards, laminate them, and place them in a pocket chart behind my teaching easel so that I can just turn it around after calendar.
Then I had my regular calendar wall but instead of having students write the days, months, and season (because it just took up too much time and writing them wasn't my focus), I decided to just write the sentences on sentence strips and have a spot for students to just pick and place the correct answer.
I didn't have anything appropriate so . . . .
I took a transparent sleeve (the ones you put in binders) and strategically got 3 pocket strips out of it. Just cut it up and staple to the wall. Cut the front part in a U shape so it's easier for students to place the cards, and voila! Sorry I didn't take a closer picture. They are the shiny things on the wall :)
I'm sure I must have seen or heard of this somewhere, but I have no idea where. But it was just what I needed.












No comments:
Post a Comment